AIFC Management Council
AIFC Management Council is the supreme authority. Its main responsibilities include the definition of the main directions of development, coordination of the activities of the bodies, and assistance in the creation of favorable conditions for the formation of a leading international financial services center.
Astana Financial Services Authority (the AFSA)
Astana Financial Services Authority (hereinafter – the AFSA) is a legal entity which regulates financial services and operations related to financial services in the AIFC.
The AFSA, within the limits of its competence given by the Constitutional Law and the Applicable Law is independent of other AIFC's bodies, state bodies, organizations, executives and citizens, and is accountable to the AIFC Management Council and the Governor of the AIFC.
The AFSA in accordance with the procedures set by the Council:
1. Develops drafts of the Council's resolutions on the regulation of financial services and related operations in the AIFC, publishes such drafts for public discussion and presents such drafts to the Council for its adoption;
2. Adopts acts in the form of regulatory provisions on the regulation of financial services and related operations in the AIFC;
3. Establishes the procedures for the issue, placement, trading, redemption and repayment of securities in the territory of the AIFC;
4. Executes the registration, accreditation and licensing of AIFC's participants;
5. Maintains a register of AIFC's participants;
6. Executes control and supervision of activities of AIFC's participants, takes necessary measures with regard to AIFC's participants;
7. Exercises other powers determined by resolutions
of the Council.